Planning Your Nursery
A few simple rules make it easy to plan your ideal nursery room. We asked the people who really know, mums, for their top five tips...
- Choose a neutral colour unless you know the sex of your baby: cream, green, lilac and yellow all work equally well for boys and girls
- Always include somewhere to change baby, like a specially designed unit or cot top changer. And make sure it’s the right height for you – you don’t want a bad back with a new baby!
- Include a comfy glider chair – night-time feeds are so much easier when you are relaxed and properly supported.
- Planning around radiators and windows, as well as putting up blackout blinds, helps avoid overheating issues. Get a room thermometer to help keep the temperature at a steady 18C (65F)
- Make sure your cot or cotbed has adjustable mattress positions so you can alter the height as your baby grows